Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wrapping up 2012

Long post ahead:


One day in November, Dad asked me to pick-up his pants from our yes OUR seamstress. I was feeling kind of excited since I haven't seen our costume maker for more than a year that time. What excited me even more was seeing my Hijikata top hanged in there covered in dust but looking as good as when I first saw it. Suddenly in my mind, the word Cosplay is making its way in brightening its once dim light. Not long after that, as if telling me to come back, I received a group message from Sora-nee about a Hakuouki photoshoot.( ꒪Д꒪)ノ COUNT ME IN

Third week of November was the tentative date of the shoot. I asked Sora-nee what version are we gonna do and she said something like, "Japanese-themed so, the shinsengumi attire." WAO. Who knows how messed up my mind [not to mention my life] that time thinking of how to make the swords, sew the costume, stencil the designs, find the footwear, style the wig. Went to grandma's house seeking salvation but... her machine died on us. In the end, it just have to be handsewn, huh. HA-HA-HA. ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ
Perhaps, it was a good thing that the shoot was cancelled. Time to procrastinate. AGAIN. 

Thanks to Sora-nee's constant GM, I happen to know and join her in going to Divi and find cheap wigs! The not-so-high-quality but not-so-shining-shimmering ones. I need to see it for myself. 

Divi journey

We agreed on meeting there at 9am. Unfortunately, I woke up at 8am and arrived at 10am. She arrived later than me but it was thanks to that I was able to find a sports fabric stooooooooore! Asked for prices, length, width, opening and closing time and such.ヾ(´・ ・`。)ノ" We had a hard time looking for each other since I forgot we came from different routes, I ran back and forth both buildings of 999. (¬д¬。) But it was because of that I found a lovely pair of boots. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ We now proceed to fabric shops. Actually, I'm not thinking of buying any fabric that time, just bought a yard of blue katrina for fixing Hijikata's top. Well, I got bigger than before so it needed some fixing. KEKEKE Sora-nee bought the needed things for her High School DxD group. 

After that massive shop-hopping [is there even a word] just to find the lace she's looking for, off we go to the wig shop! They call it Class A. Just what I needed! She said it was about 300php, but when we got there, the short wigs cost 150php and the long ones 200php. Bought a short red one [for wig styling practice among other things], a wig head [the seller even asked if I was serious (¬、¬)] , and a black extension. Will be back there for sure. XDb

We went to grab super late lunch at McDo and talked about random things that happened, we want to happen and such just fan-gheied about BL stuff.  It was then that we decided to attend Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special. We'll go as Hakuoki's Hijikata Toshizou [me] and Ryuunosuke Ibuki [Sora-nee]. We went on our separate ways and I, again, ran back and forth 999 malls to find the boooooots! YAY.

I badly need those heels.
I want higher ones, too.
After that, off I go hooooooomu.
I wouldn't talk about the bits and pieces of how my entire costume got completed. ( ̄∠  ̄ )ノ Let's just move on to some preparation and actual convention!

Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special

The night before December 29, 2012, I wasn't feeling really excited to attend a con. In order to somehow get in the mood, I re-watched Hakuouki. Unfortunately, wasn't able to finish since in the morning I still need to prepare. When we started cosplaying, all the preparations were done in comfort rooms. This time, since I'm alone and I need to do this on my own, I did the prep at home.(ノ´д`)

I woke up at 9am [WAO, so early] and started... opening my laptop .
Don't judge me just yet, I just needed references so I can move on with my make-up. Even though in the end, I wasn't able to achieve my desired result. WHAT EYELINER. WHAT CONTOUR. WHAT. I look more manry without those.(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Anyways, fixed things. I was thinking of going to Megamall via MRT but, it rained. The distance that I will have to walk just to get to the station will be bad news for my illustration board makeshift katana.(; ̄д ̄)I just took a cab. If you have to ask me, I'm a little of a cheapskate so I prefer taking rides with the cheapest fees. Just that, that time, I don't care anymore, just take me there. ヾ( ̄□ ̄;)ノ

Then, to the 3rd floor CR. Honestly, it wasn't easy doing this all by myself. And I'm not feeling happy doing it alone. I'm badly missing having groups and have friends prepare all these with you. I did it in the end, though. There are also other cosplayers in that CR, but not as much as those in the 5th, I presume. I received a couple of messages from Anna asking about my whereabouts. Hurriedly went to the venue and as I was about to call out to Anna, guess who I unexpectedly saw! Our friends from Sky7 - Ten-nee and Eren! WHEW. We're reaaaaally waiting for the time when we will finally meet Ten-nee when she comes back to the Philippines. We knew about her homecoming, but not that she'll attend Ozine. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

The situation went like this:
Me: (in a low voice) Uh, Ten-nee?
.....
Me: (tapped her shoulder) Tenko?
Ten: Uh, yes?
Me: Arren 
Ten: WHOA. 
Ten and Eren: (they were talking about Sky7 and stuff)
And yeah, we shook hands and introduced ourselves, again. She thought I was cosing Ciel. 
Couldn't recall most of it. I deeply regret I forgot to take a picture with them. 

Then, met with Anna! She's cosplaying as One Piece Film Z's Luffy. I'm really really REAAAALLY awkward [if not bad yet] at introductions. What to say, how to react, like I lost the ability to words.ヘ( ̄  ̄;ヘ)
I met her through Bossu's Tweeria Guild. HAHAHAHA. I didn't know we'll meet that fast! It wasn't even a month since we met each other online. Good thing, I speak in Filipino there. XD

Ghei-ness overload so it's blurry.
I really tried my best in interacting with people. I already feel bad without close friends with me. But she's nice and purdy so it wasn't a bad experience. I was with One Piece Philippines until Sora-nee's arrival. XD
Took pictures, get OOC, shipped AceLuffy. There are lots of children cosplaying. I somehow understand Mepo why she's a pedo. (*/∇\*) Bought tickets and went inside the venue. It was surprising that there wasn't much people. A few moments after we went inside, I SAW A REN TAO COSPLAYER ENTERING THE VENUE. BEFORE PEOPLE GATHER AROUND HIM, I TOOK MY OPPORTUNITY AND ASKED FOR HIS PHOTO. When I was about to take his picture, his friend told me that she'll do it instead and also took our picture with her cam. I'm telling you, Ren isn't my favourite character in Shaman King. But-- but-- MY FEELS. MY SHAMAN KING FEELS. MY REN TAO FEELS. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Roamed around a bit, got tired and settled on sitting in front of the stage. A little far from the stage. XD I told Anna that I'll roam around a bit by myself to stalk take pictures. Look at who I recogniiiiiiized!

KUREEEEEEEEEEEI
HAHAHA. It seems like my childhood feels are coming back. XD

FMA group!!!!
Bepo and Perona.
Bepo actually shook my hands, I dunno why. XDb

Mihawk and Elizabeth! HAHAHA

I'm sorry about my feisu, It's Gilgamesh so... HE-HE-HE.
I bought hambarjar and when I got back, they decided to eat somewhere. We went to foodcourt. Mica offered to hold the swords while I'm eating hamburg. HAHAHA. There was about ten of us so we had a hard time looking for seats. When we found one, I dunno where to seat. Orz Anna's really nice. ;;;; She asked me to sit with her. XDv

Everyone's asking where to eat, seriously one of the hardest questions out there. I just told them I'll buy at PaoTsin [since it's cheap and easy to eat] Mica and Anna also decided to eat there. While we were eating, there were two faces I kind of remember seeing before. And then I heard someone called one of them 'Carli', I asked Anna then. 
Me: What's her name?
Anna: She's Carli
Me: paranoid-rhythm in tumblr?
Anna: Yep, small world, isn't it? 
Me: Yes, WAO.

Carli is someone I follow on tumblr, fellow Saito-fanghei. XD We never really talk much 'cause I'm just a follower of her tumblog. Apparently, those two faces that I kind of recognized both work at TOEI Animation Philippines. (●´∀`)ノ♡

Before I even finished eating, I received a message from Sora-nee that she already arrived and just preparing. Of course I have to finish my meal, taking my time. XD After some time, I had to bid goodbye to the group. Well, not really. HIHI

Off I go to the venue again. I thought she'll be cosing Ibuki, but somehow her text last night is kinda weird saying that she'd like to tease Toshi and Ibuki isn't fit for that. HAHA. Just I thought, she did uberUKE Chikage. We were waiting for someone but instead we found Jonela XD They bought tix and I lost mine Orz It says NO TICKET, NO ENTRY. Good thing I got away. HAHAHA

Another unexpected meeting happened! XD I saw Lala! And to think I was whining for a while now on how I miss her and such . She was with Kei and they are....tall. Why can't you just accept that you're small. Orz

credits to Sora-nee/Sky Eveningwind for the pic
Me, Lala as Munakata Reisi, and Kei as Mikoto Suoh [from the anime, K]
If you haven't seen yet, I'm being retarded already and my costume's falling apart. XDD
At first, she didn't recognized me. I approached her and asked, "Lala?" She said, "Yes?" Do you remember me, I'm Arren. "It's Arren," I told her. I can see her eyes getting bigger and she glomped me. XDDD She seems excited and saying how long it has been and has no news about me and the others [I think she's talking about you gheis, Noh and M] (⌒_⌒;)  She's really excited and all happy about telling me who she cosplayed as and gave me Coscard/Curecard, I chose her Akashi. I'm too lazy to make them, you know. And it's not like, I have decent photos. The photogs are the only ones making me look decent. XD She asked me to add her, that her account's ghei and such. XD HAHA. It's fun seeing her all frantic. (*´∀`*)

Then, I gotta move since Sora-nee's looking for me already. AHAHA. Then we roam again, took pictures of figures from Onegai Onii-chan's stall. And then, I recognized someone as Drocell Cainz from Kuroshitsuji lining up for the Maid Cafe. I'm actually not sure since I remember Drocell's top being red and blue. I still asked though, "Uhmm, Drocell?" She said, "YES!! Hakuouki!!," and then glomped me. Orz Sora-nee and Jonela thought I know her. I told them I thought so, too. XD But, she recognized me as Hijikata and she's friendly so it was nice. XDD I was just surprised. We should have introduced ourselves. (´_`)

We also tried the free random shots from Animax. We just had to write our names and like their page. XD


We're kind of tired so we look for a place to rest our feet. Chatted about a lot of things again. Then, Jonela needed to go. I thought we'll be able to go home together since we'll both be riding SM Fairview bus. XD Roamed again in and out of the venue. I received a text from Anna asking where are we. I completely forgot about her, I'm horrible. o(╥﹏╥)o One of the biggest regret I have as an FMA fan was when there's this somehow quiz where they show a part of the whole picture and you'll have to guess what character it is and from where. Elizabeth's was easy. And then there was another one. I kept on thinking, "Isn't that Al with le cat?" But then, I didn't raise my hand and someone answered it. I was a ball of regret that time. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Then, Anna found us and bid farewell. 

Anna, Sora-nee, and Ore-sama
Hello there Kogure and Death the Kid. (´∀`)♡
Lala / Gax
Kei [Mikoto] is talking to someone that time. XD

Zoro and Gol D. Roger!
Is it just me or those who cosplay Zoro are really.. manly men. XD
Anna spotted us again in normal clothes. Man, she's purdyyy. I thought I was being molested since she held my waist before I even had the chance to look who touched me. We ate pizza. Then, changed costumes and ready to go home. Bekibro Bakaniki M texted me and we met at McDo Philcoa for a while. Both exhausted. Exchanged stories for the day. Aren't we both frustrated. HAHAHAHA  

All in all, it was reaaaaally fun and new experience, haro. I just miss doing it with more people and close friends too much.  ヾ( ̄0 ̄; )ノ


Random note:
Looping these two while writing this.





2 comments:

  1. I like yer boots. Yer so gwapings, but DISQUS PLES! *yao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeaaah. Thanks. I'll improve on le make-up. XD Disqus huhu, will try it now Orz

      Delete

One Piece Going Merry