Saturday, September 22, 2012

Family Code [01]


Life's been good. A grand family reunion at Max's, well kind of. It's my grandmother's older sister's 75th year! YAY! I was getting overly excited even before seeing the venue and thinking if I should bring Noctis with me. Having almost zero confidence level, I opted to bring Zet instead. (; ̄д ̄)

Who would have known that our reunion will be starting just after getting off the car, crowding at the parking lot just outside the venue. Well, people can't wait, even I. It's been so long [yes it's been years] since I last saw my cousin, Basty and so I hurriedly confronted talked to him. Guess what's the first words that I uttered? 
"I missed you?" Wrong. 
"How are you?" Wrong again.
As far as I could remember, "Do you still remember me?", was the first thing that I actually wanted to ask him. I still got to ask him, nonetheless, just a bit later. 
"How old are you now? Six? You are in Grade 2, right? I'm still twenteen, that's just a fourteen-year gap, I'll wait for you." Yeah, like a proposal. And hell no, I wasn't kidding. I even asked myself , "WTF are you talking about?" Good thing he just brushed off whatever madness I was talking about, and to normalcy we came back.

Inside the venue, people, people, people, and a lot more people. Not that many, though. And the one that mattered the most, the birthday celebrant and the catering. I was taking a couple of photos with Zet when Otou-chan approached me, asking me to go get Noctis for better shots. I would love to! But-- But-- Are you guys fine with crappy shots, then? Like hell you are. Despite the rants inside my mind, off I go and walked home, taking Ate Bunsoy with me.

When we got back, I fulfilled my promise to self that I shall be taking photos of this precious.

OH LOVELY THING (ノ ̄3 ̄)ノ

But before we got to indulge ourselves in sinful delights, a program started. The MC's welcoming messages, a slideshow of the celebrant's pictures with the family and some solos. 

A lot of decades passed, yet they still reflect such glamour and pheromones. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Teh Fab Sistars. ♥(ノ´∀`)
L- Lola Linda; R- Lola Sising
Not long after, guess what? HAHAHA Of course, the food, the food. Everyone's looking forward to that. Luckily, when we arrived there, the only available seats were just beside the food stands. KEKEKE. Chickens, Lechon, Pancit, and the caramel bar I love oh-so-much.


Mouth-watering, fatigue-relieving, drool-worthy, cold guilt-filled -- Mother Piggy. CRUNCHY. 
You poor thing. ⊙︿⊙


After the eating session, there was that part of the program that includes giving of Roses, Gifts and lighting Candles.Yes! Yes! Like a young debutant just turned eighteen, only with lesser number of participants. 


My cousins in candle lighting
Teh Fab Sistars yet again. This time, on gifts and messages.
Lola's Invitation Card and some artistic failure of mine.

Oh look, my adorkable cousins and an Oba-san.


Another picture-taking before finally moving on.
And so the first part of the celebration ended. I went home and they proceeded to the second part which is something I could really care less about -- drinking heaps of alcohol. I'm not fond of drunk old men, sino ba?

 Tears shed, mouths fed, and words that actually mattered said. It was a nice experience, all in all. And I wouldn't refuse if another happening only the first part should occur.

(`ー´)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Piece Going Merry